If you want to build your own PC despite the chaos in the semiconductor industry, then this article will be useful for you. The top processors are compiled in terms of price-quality ratio.
Top processors in 2021
1 | AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
Best General Purpose Processor 2021
Kernels: 12 | Threads: 24 | Base frequency: 3.7 GHz | Maximum Frequency: 4.8GHz | L3 cache: 64 MB | TDP: 105W
- Amazing productivity in work tasks;
- Excellent gaming experience thanks to record-breaking performance per core;
- Power reserve for many years.
- High price.
The AMD Ryzen 9 5900X is a huge leap forward in Zen architecture. In this generation, AMD has done a lot of work, the results of which can be seen with the naked eye when using the processor in resource-intensive tasks.
2 | AMD Ryzen 9 3950X
Best processor for workloads 2021
Kernels: 16 | Threads: 32 | Base frequency: 3.5 GHz | Maximum Frequency: 4.7GHz | L3 cache: 64 MB | TDP: 105W
- The most powerful processor for work tasks;
- Cheaper than analogs from the HEDT segment;
- The power reserve will last for many years.
- The processor gets pretty hot at full load, you need good cooling;
- Not the best performance per core.
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X represents the ultimate in performance power. Ideal for multi-threaded home use scenarios. In terms of performance, it is roughly on the verge between the consumer and professional (HEDT) segments.
3 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
Best gaming processor 2021
Kernels: 6 | Threads: 12 | Base frequency: 3.7 GHz | Maximum Frequency: 4.6GHz | L3 cache: 32 MB | TDP: 65W
- Excellent gaming performance;
- Affordable motherboards versus competitors;
- No water cooling or huge coolers required. The processor is pretty cold.
- Not the most current number of cores and threads.
The AMD Ryzen 5 5600X is a great option for a gaming PC. The processor will provide you with almost the highest possible FPS for a very reasonable price. Also, for happy owners of motherboards with B450 / Z470 chipsets, there is an opportunity to install this processor without replacing the motherboard.
4 | Intel Core i9 10900F
Best General Purpose Processor From Intel 2021
Kernels: 10 | Threads: 20 | Base frequency: 2.8GHz | Maximum Frequency: 5.2GHz | L3 cache: 20 MB | TDP: 65W
- Excellent performance in all kinds of tasks;
- Good turbo frequency.
- Large heat dissipation, the need for a good cooler for cooling.
Intel Core i9 10900F is Intel’s best general-purpose processor in 2021. It will provide an opportunity to both enjoy super-smooth picture in games, and will quickly perform the tasks assigned to it.
5 | Intel Core i7 10700F
Best Intel Gaming Processor 2021
Kernels: 8 | Threads: 16 | Base frequency: 2.9GHz | Maximum Frequency: 4.8GHz | L3 cache: 16 MB | TDP: 65W
- Excellent gaming performance;
- With unlocked power consumption, good performance in work tasks.
- With unlocked power consumption, the processor becomes very hot;
- Need a good cooling system;
- Expensive motherboards.
The Intel Core i7 10700F is a decent option for a gaming PC, especially when there is no trust in AMD processors. The performance of the processor in games and work tasks is at a high level. But expensive motherboards and the need for a good cooling system do not make this processor a market leader.